[img_assist|nid=1909|title=Hockey in Cartwright|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=316|height=239]
Cartwright and Mather are communities within the RockLake Minor Hockey Association which is in turn part of the Pembina Valley Minor Hockey Association, under the authority of Hockey Manitoba. Within the RockLake Association, children have the opportunity to play on teams appropriate to their age group:
Squirts (up to age 6)
Novice (ages 7 & 8)
Atom (ages 9 & 10)
Pee Wee (ages 11 & 12)
Bantam (ages 13 & 14)
Midget and High School (ages 15, 16, & 17)
Objectives of the RockLake Minor Hockey Association are:
1. To foster, promote and encourage Minor Hockey in the association.
2. To promote good sportsmanship and citizenship.
3. To provide every player who registers in the association with an opportunity to play organized hockey on a team and in a league.
4. To establish and maintain teams in various categories within its jurisdiction and to develop teams in each category to represent the association in the league, provincials, and in tournament competition.
5. To adminster all Minor Hockey in the RockLake Minor Hockey Association under the general supervision of the Pembina Valley Minor Hockey Association and Hockey Manitoba.
6. To do all other such things as are incidental or conductive to attainment of the objectives and the exercises of the powers of the association.
Player registration fees are paid in players' own home town.
2012/2013 registration fee per player (Cartwright): $100
Executive members of the RLMHA:
Robert McLeod, President
Bob Melvin, Secretary-Treasurer
Mark Sloane, Registrar