Sports Day in Cartwright was created in 2013 for teams and fans to come to the rink and enjoy a full day of local sports action! It was considered a success so we hope it will continue for a number of years to come. Come early for some public skating! We enjoy the local Figure Skating club who perform routines during period breaks when their schedule allows. Kids registered to play hockey out of Cartwright/Mather host a home game at the Clipperdome plus we have our High School team and the Cartwright Clippers playing, and the curling club hosts an Open Bonspiel over that weekend! Fans migrate between rinks for some great food specials, sports action, and don't forget the licensed bar in the curling rink. Local businesses get into the spirit by offering "ONE DAY ONLY" specials, posted on the bulletin board in the skating rink. It's a fun event drawing friends from near and far, so be sure to watch for dates in November 2016!
Sports Day in Cartwright
Saturday, November 19, 2016
8:30 - 9:30 - FREE public skating
10:00 - Rock Lake SQUIRTS vs. Killarney
12:00 - Rock Lake ATOMS vs. Manitou
2:00 - Rock Lake PEE WEE’s vs. MacDonald
4:00 - OPEN Skate-a-Thon!! “Register” at the door with your pledge sheets, skating begins at 4:30!!
* extra canteen specials available all day!
* special admission if you’re staying for all minor hockey games
* make a poster or bring a noisemaker to cheer on your favourite team!!
* wear your favourite team jersey!
* skaters aged 0-11 will skate from 4:30-5:30 (or longer as they wish), please wear your
* skaters aged 12 & up will skate from 4:30-6:00
* skaters may take a 15 minute bathroom and/or snack break during their skating time
* approach a Skate Guard if you need assistance (in the Rock Lake team jersey)
* all pledged contestants will receive a coupon for a FREE hot chocolate and cookie
* tax deductible receipts may be issued for donations of $25 or more - if you would like a
receipt, please make cheques payable to CARTWRIGHT ROBLIN MUNICIPALITY
* proceeds from the Skate-A-Thon will be donated to MRCC
* there will be prizes for:
* most pledges received
* most pledges runner-up
* best decorated helmet or goofy hat
PLEASE help us reach a goal of $1,500 in pledges!!