Old Cartwright

[img_assist|nid=1047|title=Old Cartwright Cairn|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=326|height=293]A cairn placed along the Badger Creek marks the location of Old Cartwright.  Cartwright was moved to its current location in 1885 to bring the town to rest along new Canadian Pacific Railway line that was being built across the prairies.

The cairn can be seen from #5 Highway where the bridge crosses the Badger Creek, north of Cartwright.

 

 

      [img_assist|nid=1048|title=Badger Creek at Old Cartwright|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=460|height=266]