Animal Control By-Law Notice
Please take notice that By-Law #41-2019 provides rules and regulations regarding control of dogs and cats within the communities of Cartwright, Mather, and the SR (Seasonal Resort) areas at Rock Lake.
No person shall own, keep, possess or harbor more than three (3) dogs and/or two (2) cats over the age of sixteen (16) weeks within any one residential unit regardless of whether that person is the owner of the animals without written permission of Council for maximum of one additional cat which pre-existed on the property prior to the date of this by-law.
- Dog licenses are required, effective immediately. No licenses for cats are required at this time; however cat owners must identify the cat in a way such that it can be recognized as a domestic pet. Any unidentifiable cat will be deemed a stray. All regulations under By-Law #41-2019 apply to both dogs and cats.
- Dog and cat owners are required to fill out the Cartwright-Roblin Municipality Dog License/Cat Registration found on the back of this notice, on cartwrightroblin.ca, or available at the Municipal Office
- Dog owners are required to provide a certificate from a veterinarian to verify that your dog has been spayed or neutered. Proof of a current rabies vaccination must also be provided with the license application and annually thereafter. Photos of cats and dogs must also be provided to aid in identification.
- The current license fee (waived until June 30, 2019) is $5.00 for a spayed or neutered dog and $20.00 per year for all others.
- All dogs found within the designated areas without a tag will be considered strays and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Owners are responsible for the immediate removal and sanitary disposal of feces from all public and private property.
- Owners shall not permit their animals to run at large.
- No owner of any dog or cat shall permit it to disturb the quiet of others by howling, barking, or meowing continuously.
- No owner of any dog or cat shall permit it to pursue, bite, wound, or worry any person or animal, whether or not on the owners’ property.
- Any animal from outside the area will be treated the same as resident animals.
- Enforcement of this By-Law will be conducted by Commissionaires Manitoba.
The full details of By-Law #41-2019 can be viewed at www.cartwrightroblin.ca/node/3007 or under the “Government” tab by clicking on CRM BY-Laws.
If you have questions, please call the Municipal Office at 204-529-2363.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience as we implement this by-law. If you have any ideas for continuous improvement of the by-law please do not hesitate to contact the Municipal Office.